Thursday 12 June 2014

Review: Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One Powder


The Maybelline Clear Smooth All IN One powder N2200, launched early last month, so you can imagine my surprise/excitement to find this in Calabar, I quickly reached for one (thinking about this I should have gotten two). I got this in the shade Toffee, although the shop assistant told me Toffee was my shade I didn't believe him even after leaving the shop I still doubted him, i felt like I still had to try it on just to be sure, but to my surprise this shade suited me safe to say Maybelline Nigeria has got their skin tone charting on point.

On to the review, when I first got this product I remember reading on the package how this powder controls shine, conceals flaws, smoothes, evens, mattifies, brightens, perfects, tones, and has SPF 25, and thinking WOW! that's ALOT of features for one powder! but let me just tell you I was honestly blown away!!!

I tried this powder first without foundation and  it didn't conceal anything much, but what was most noticeable was how lightweight it was, and that is refreshing for me because with the hot weather conditions in Nigeria lightweight makeup is the best way to go. No one wants to be walking around with a caked face in this heat. Plus the lightweight feature, it also has SPF 25 to protect the face from all that harsh rays from the sun.

I also tried this powder with foundation and I was shocked with the results I got, this powder just pulled the entire look together and made it look flawless, my face was pretty much shine free/matte except for the occassional sweat here and there my face stayed matte for up to 4hrs, impressive right?

The packaging didn't do it for me, am used to the usual classic black plastic packaging, but this came in a light pink rectangular case along with a sponge and can I just say that the Case is too big for the amount of powder in it.

Although its super affordable this product isn't exactly the regular sized amount of powder we are used to so this might last a maximum of 3 weeks. Overall this a great product

Note: If you live in Calabar you can get this at  Rita's Beauty Store , Adiabo Close , Marian Road, Calabar
Price: N2500

No comments:

Post a Comment