Monday 16 June 2014

Review: Tara Powder + Foundation


I recently bought the Tara Powder + Foundation but before I head on to the review, let me just state here that I am a 8 - 6ers which means I don't have the time to have a full makeup on most days, I am a procastinator and literally hate waking up and by the time am out of bed i literally have no time to make up so am minimal on most days, like VERY minimal, am talking tinted mosturiser, face powder, lipgloss or lip balm on most days, eyebrow pencil, eye liner, some mascara and am out, so when i noticed this product with its powder + foundation formula that also has sunscreen, aloe vera and its oil free i had to get it.

When I used this powder for the first time I thought I got the shade wrong so I went back to return it. On getting there the shop assistant asked me to try it on again because she was convinced it was my shade, tried it and lo and behold it was my shade, I left that shop feeling embarrassed and emotionally scarred.

I decided to give this a try again on clean face without any other beauty product, by the time I got to the office my colleagues asked why my face was DARK?! I looked in the mirror, lets just say I nearly broke down in tears, I couldn't believe I left the house looking like that?! I got home that day and decided to try the powder on my sister and after about 10mins, her T-zone area got darker then the other areas of her face that's when I realised that when used on oily skin, this powder oxidises and becomes 2 shades darker than your regular skin tone (not so oil  free in my opinion).

If you are going for something oil free and lightweight than i definitely don't recommend this, and if you have super oily skin like me than this product is not for you

Details:
Price: I purchased this for N3800 but I think it originally retails for N3500.
You can purchase this at any House of Tara outlets, www.houseoftara.com should have a list of all outlets nationwide.

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right! I just got the Iroko Brown and the same thing happened to me, I should have gone for the sleek powder

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! I just got the Iroko Brown and the same thing happened to me, I should have gone for the sleek powder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, never tried the sleek one before, but try using a Good matte primer like the No. 7 beautifully matte makeup base, that should work!

      Delete